Johnny Damon. Johnny Damon. Bonafide New York Yankee lead off hitter. Ex-Bosox lead off hitter. Four years. 32 years old. 197 hits. More than 100 runs a year for I think 8 years running....Feels pretty damned good - mostly. We (meaning we Yankees - as you know - the fans are an integral part of team :-)) are going to have an AMAZING lineup this coming year with a potentially powerful bullpen and once again, our big if, IF our pitching is healthy 6 possible starters - at least that's the PC line. Here's what we're looking at.
Johnny Damon, CF Derek Jeter, SS Gary Sheffield, RF Alex Rodriguez, 3B Hideki Matsui, LF Jason Giambi, 1B Jorge Posada, C Bernie Williams, DH Robinson Cano, 2B
In the Pen
Supercharged as we say in the lingo, ain't it? 43 percent (as of 3:00pm) polled on Sports Illustrated think that Johnny Damon will "show Carlos Beltran how its done in NY" and 36% say he'll do okay. I think he'll do what we need of him and maybe a little more. Another poll I saw somewhere said that 66% of those 85,000 polled think that the Yankees have the best lineup in baseball. So much for that stuff.
- The Yankees will win the AL East, the Pennant and the Series
- Damon is a good addition that will not be a great "chemistry add" but will perform
- The 1998 Yankees team was the greatest baseball team of all time with the chemistry to match
- The 2006 version won't have clubhouse chemistry too much but as Larry Bowa says "they are veterans who know how to win
- The Yankees did the right thing by bringing back Bernie Williams - diminished skills or not. He should retire a Yankee. He has been one of our greatest ever and a totally class act. /ul>
There we go.
So, Yankees fans, Bosox fans, other fans, what do you think? Blog comment me, baby.
Hey what about the much, much improved Blue Jays?
I'm going on a cruise starting tomorrow with my beloved wife for 4 days and will return on Monday. If I can, I'll send on an entry or two during the cruise. If not, sorry, but I'll be sipping a single malt somewhere on the ship. So if you don't "see" me or me, you, Merry Christmas or any holiday of your choosing.