This podcast, the first Route 56 podcast, covers a lot. It goes over the grounds with I want to accomplish presently and in the future with its format - a focus around the collaborative customer experience, the creation of mutual value with an understanding that the value lies with the customer, and how the company needs to transform its business model to get value in the 21st century. The news covered is:
- Oracle's "extended support" announcement
- an analysis of several customer satisfaction, customer loyalty surveys, including the newest one by Dick Lee and David Mangen called "Customers Say What Companies Don't Want to Hear"
- and the creation of a VP of Customer Experience at United Airlines
The I Can't Dance segment focuses on the customer horror called Sony Corporation.
There is the first of a regular series called Margin Notes, by noted industry analyst Denis Pombriant of Beagle Research on "Realigning Selling"; and finally a number of announcements on what you can do as a listener to help improve the show which clearly has some rough spots.
Music for the Show:
- Opening and Closing: Beach Buggy Boogie by The Chief Firewater Surf Band
- Intro to News: WIP: Never Progressed by dewf
- I Can't Dance Segment: I Can't Dance (That's Why I'm with the Band) by Charles W. Consaul
- Margin Notes Intro: Piece of Mind by Sly D (CAN)
For more information go to my primary blog PGreenblog