This is short by my standards. Less than a million years long. This episode takes a look at the CRM world through the eyes of the analysts (I wear glasses) and through my analytic eyes (I said I wear glasses) at the analysts themselves. In short, so to speak, there are four segments:
- Analyzing the analysts - I discuss the major analyst firms in CRM - Gartner Group, Forrester, IDC and Aberdeen Research, recently acquired by Harte Hanks for reasons that make no sense no matter what they were - which tells you what I think of Aberdeen. I also name the best analysts in the business. I could tell you here but then you wouldn't listen to the podcast.
- The NY Five Minutes - a few snippets on what analysts are reporting when it comes to CRM recently - for example, Gartner on Oracle CRM
- Companies You Should Know But Probably Never Heard Of - This segment is me with my analyst hat on - companies that I expect to do very well in the CRM space but you probably don't know them for one reason or another. I met some of them at the Gartner CRM Conference I spoke at a couple of weeks ago. Others I just know from other places. I highlight two and mention others to keep your eyes on.
- Finally, an interview with Denis Pombriant that is prefaced by something quite cool - his own kids, Alec and Jack composed and then played jazz that introduces my interview with this remarkable guy. My first user created content and by the kids of the dad I interview on his perception of where CRM is now trending and moving toward. Best analyst out there for the 2.0 view from the summit.
Okay, time to attribute the music. But I want to preface it with something about one of the artists. Maria Daines is the artist who does two pieces here and there are links to her site etc. where I attribute it below. But I gotta tell you, she is amazing. She is really good (that's my insightful musical analysis) not amateur in any way and has a voice that deserves greater visibility. I think she lives in Europe somewhere which may be why I don't know much about her and have never heard her until now. But I am SO impressed I can't tell you. The vocalist I think she's most like is Janice Joplin. Which says a lot. I loved Janice Joplin. I did.
The Music We Love
- The Opening of the Episode - "Business Ain't Music" by Maria Daines
- Analyzing the Analysts - "Forecast" by GsE-Prophet
- The NY Five Minutes - "New York, New York" by realla squad
- Companies You Should Know... - "Your Time Will Come" by Maria Daines (its number 49)
- Denis Pombriant Interview - "Title Unknown" by Alec and Jack Pombriant
- Closing of the Episode - "Business Ain't Music" by Maria Daines
Here's the link to directly listen to this podcast episode Click HERE